You can help make Generation Christ happen! We always need help with various tasks that all come together to make each Generation Christ happen. You can choose as few or as many as you would like. To join the service team, simply email generation.christ.ann.arbor (at) gmail (dt) com and we can give you access to a spreadsheet where you fill in your name next to any of the open commitments!
Below are a basic description of each service commitment. Commitments that have an “SCH” in the title stands for “Saint Catherine House” and is generally only available to the women of SCH.
- Help put up signs – put Generation Christ signs up on parish doors, and the large banner right outside the parish hall
- Help taking down signs – take down the Generation Christ signs and banner
- Set Up – SCH – set up the chairs and altar for the holy hour according to the Holy Hour layout document
- Set Up – help the SCH girls set up the holy hour, chairs and altar
- Set Up Hostess – SCH – set up the cups and water
- Welcome Greeters – stand on Elizabeth Street before the holy hour to greet new people; hang out before the holy hour downstairs to meet people new to Generation Christ
- Welcome Announcements/Prayer – Begin the holy hour by welcoming people and leading the prayer
- Musicians – offer your singing or instrumental talents to bring music to the holy hours
- Servers – work with the priest or deacon to set up the Eucharistic Adoration holy hour
- Powerpoint – organize the music lyrics and any other announcements using powerpoint and control the powerpoint slides during the holy hour
- Announcements – at the end of the holy hour announce any upcoming events or Generation Christ related announcements (you work closely with Paul and the Core Team for most of this information)
- Pizza Orderer – order pizza for the holy hour social based on the number of attendees at the holy hour. You will always be reimbursed for your purchase. Please keep a copy of your receipt and email the genChrist account with an original copy of the receipt.
- Snacks – bring or set up snacks for the social
- Hostess – SCH – help set up the pizza, plates, napkins, and any snacks
- Fellowship Greeters – during the holy hour, greet any people new to Generation Christ, facilitate the social hour and conversation
- Clean up – SCH – clean up any food or other materials left after the holy hour
- Clean up – help the SCH girls clean up the holy hour and social hour